Friday, June 18, 2010

Adapters + Hair dyers = Blowout...what about flat irons? Please read!?

Ok I dont know if anyone will be able to help me with this..but I learned the hard way while in Turkey that plugging a blow dyer into an adapter then into the wall BLOWS out the blow dyer...I was wondering if this does the same with a flat iron? Anyone tried it? I want to buy a nice flat iron and next summer I may be going to China..I'm actually going to buy a chinese blow dyer to use there...but wanted to bring my own flat iron....any have any suggestions?



I was looking for a battery operated flat iron but all are so TINY..I have THICK WAVY hair..I would do with all of them if I could but my hair is just a BIG mess...so if anyone knows of a GOOD decent side batt flat iron let me know please!



Adapters + Hair dyers = Blowout...what about flat irons? Please read!?

I've bought a CHI flat iron to use in Singapore. The Chi runs on 110V, while the voltage in SGP is 220V. I use a converter for it, and so far it is running fine. The main thing is to look out for the power. The Chi is 25W, so if you get a converter with a higher power, (mine is 70W), it should run fine.



Adapters + Hair dyers = Blowout...what about flat irons? Please read!?

It may have been that particular hair dryer? I've used my hair dryer (from England) all around Eastern %26amp; Western Europe, (%26amp; Turkey!) some parts of Africa and the US (with a universal adaptor) - and never had a problem?



The problem might have been the voltage, not the adaptor, as some countries run on different amounts of voltage - for example, I wouldn't buy a laptop in the US to use in the UK, because the voltage is different.



You should check out both of these options - otherwise, just get a new one in China - you know they're up to date with all their gadgets - you'll probably get the latest and greatest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security